Our campaign is starting soon! Please donate to help Dickinson become a stronger community.
Quick Tips for a Workplace Campaign:
1. Recruit a workplace Campaign Coordinator and Committee.
2. Determine a 3-4 week time period for the campaign.
3. Get ideas and materials from United Way (call 483-1233 or online www.dickinsonunitedway.org)
4. Schedule and announce a presentation by United Way (call 483-1233 or email email@example.com)—preferably in conjunction with a staff meeting, to ensure good attendance. Offer refreshments.
5. Set a workplace goal and post a thermometer marking progress.
6. Offer payroll deduction option.
7. Secure Company match, for employee donations.
8. Distribute pledge forms and brochures to all employees via paychecks, employee mailboxes, or at a meeting. Include memo from Campaign Coordinator and/or CEO encouraging participation.
9. Offer incentives for early pledges, first time donors, prize drawings for all donations, etc.
10. Hold friendly competitions between departments.
11. Hold friendly competitions between similar businesses.
12. Hold special events to raise additional funds from those not interested in payroll deductions—car washes, pie contests, can drives, casual day, etc.
13. Remind employees a week before deadline and at deadline.
14. Collect pledge forms, checks, and cash. Call campaign volunteer for packet pick up.
15. Thank everyone who participated.