Mission: United Way of Dickinson’s Project H.E.R.O. in collaboration with regional schools works towards nurturing the well-being of youth in schools by partnering with families to empower and increase their self-sufficiency.
Vision: Empower families in meeting the nutritional needs of their children.
Vision: Increasing the success of youth by improving their attendance through assisting with transportation.
$10=4 meals for a student in need in our community
Every day children fall through the cracks of free and reduced lunches because the federal government only goes off of parental income and not parental expenses. United Way of Dickinson and Dickinson Public Schools knows that in order to ensure our local children are eating lunch every day we must work together, take the whole picture into account, and help out local families who are struggling. No more slipping through the cracks. No more watching these children walk to school searching the ground in hopes of finding some change to pay for their lunch or to pay down the debt at school. No more hearing the buzzer that echoes through the cafeteria as a white slip prints out for the student to give to their parents as a reminder of their looming debt. No more concerns as to whether or not a child will eat lunch while at school. Our local children will no longer be humiliated and they will not go hungry. That is what United Way of Dickinson’s Project H.E.R.O. is in place for, those children who fall through the cracks. Parental debt should not be placed on the child’s shoulders and, sometimes, it takes a village to help raise a child.
Our hope for the future of Project H.E.R.O. is to extend out to funding for milk tickets in the elementary schools and emergency transportation during the winter months.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for Project H.E.R.O.? Any child currently enrolled in the Dickinson Public Schools District
- How do I apply for Project H.E.R.O.? Contact your school’s social worker
- Lauren Roemmich – Dickinson High School (701-456-0030)
- Gail Dockter – Dickinson Middle School (701-456-0021)
- Bethanie Krieg – Prairie Rose Elementary School (701-456-0016) and Lincoln Elementary School (701-456-0014)
- Kristin Seaks – Heart River Elementary School (701-456-0012), Roosevelt Elementary School (701-456-0015), and Jefferson Elementary School (701-456-0013)
- Do I have to apply for Free and Reduced Lunches prior to applying for Project H.E.R.O.? Yes, you must have applied for Free and Reduced lunch and have been denied prior to applying for Project H.E.R.O.
- How do I donate? Please click on the donate button