- Job Service ND | Unemployment Insurance In addition to regular unemployment insurance benefits, Job Service is now accepting claims from independent contractors, gig economy workers, self-employed individuals, and workers who may have exhausted the benefits available to them under the regular Unemployment Insurance system. Visit jobsnd.com for more information regarding Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). https://www.jobsnd.com/sites/www/files/documents/COVID19/uicovidfaq04082020.pdf; https://www.jobsnd.com/unemployment-individuals/resources-unemployment-individuals
- When the Paycheck stops| Survival Guide to Unemployment https://feaweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/paycheckBookletNEW_3.2020.pdf
- Parents Lead | to support parents in promoting the behavioral health of their children. http://www.parentslead.org/
- Care19 | Free mobile app, Care19, to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in North Dakota. https://ndresponse.gov/covid-19-resources/care19
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)| taking care of your mental health https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/tips-social-distancing-quarantine-isolation-031620.pdf; https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- Job Service ND| Job seeker services https://www.jobsnd.com/job-seeker/office-locations
- My Free Taxes in partnership with United Way| Through United Way’s partnership with H & R Block, every household with a simple return can file their federal and state taxes for free* https://www.myfreetaxes.com/
- To help renters find out if they are protected from evictions during the COVID-19 national health emergency, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced today that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises) have created online multifamily property lookup tools. Renters are still expected to pay their rent during the eviction moratorium period, if they can. Those experiencing financial hardship should reach out to their landlord to discuss their situation and potential solutions.
Renters living in multifamily properties with Enterprise-backed mortgages who need support should reach out to the Fannie Mae Helpline at 877-542-9723, if Fannie Mae backs their building’s mortgage, or the Freddie Mac Helpline at 800-404-3097, if Freddie Mac backs their building’s mortgage.
- Additional Resources for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness| http://www.nd.gov/dhs/info/covid-19/housing-homelessness.html
- Additional Food Resources| United Way of Dickinson, Jen, 701-300-1094; Amen Food Pantry https://www.facebook.com/DickinsonAMENFoodPantry/; Belfield Food Pantry https://www.facebook.com/BelfieldMedoraFoodPantry/; Dickinson Public Schools Pantry https://www.facebook.com/School-Social-Workers-of-Dickinson-Public-Schools-246833715683185/
- COVID-19 EMERGENCY RENT BRIDGE
- Employee Toolkit
- Dickinson Resource Guide
Bridging the Gap
Bridging the Dental Gap is a non-profit (501c3) community dental clinic with a mission to improve access to dental care for Medicare, uninsured, under-insured, and low income members of the community.
- Sew for Safety
- The CDC recommends masks be worn. To order masks please reach out to Andrea Fox at 785-506-3077, TurkeyButt Threads at https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurkeyButtThreads?fbclid=IwAR1H_p52N3TrHWnyHRzDGIgPXI3NvBAPJoi_jXRDdvQJJKMbQqr3Oq0CnHE or one of many other mask makers online.
- If you are in need of cloth masks with a clear panel (such as one you could give to a healthcare professional in case of an emergency. Pictured in the link below) so that you can see them speak/read their lips please contact United Way of Dickinson. https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/04/04/this-see-through-mask-lets-the-deaf-communicate-while-staying-safe/?fbclid=IwAR1_EH8X8UBfqB4NzudBO2NAqsbWdi0srwnaQNsbk92ZC8BXFUUD6W7uFRc#d4923b45257a
- Region VIII Directory of Services
- Home Emergency Kit
- Additional recovery services| https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/tools/apps
- Free online Facebook grief support group| https://www.facebook.com/groups/DavidKessler
- Face it Together ND Peer Groups| https://www.wefaceittogether.org/
- Pantries, Soup Kitchens, Mobiles, and Pop Ups| https://www.greatplainsfoodbank.org/
- Furever Full Pet Food Bank| to help those who are struggling provide their pets with food to help reduce rehoming. https://www.facebook.com/fureverfull/
- Recovery Talk: 1-844-44TALK2
Individuals with a substance use disorder that need support are encouraged to visit with a trained peer support specialist in the state who has lived experience in addiction.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
Individuals struggling with thoughts of suicide
- Crisis Text Line 741-741
- FirstLink 2-1-1
Available for listening and support, referrals to resources or help and crisis intervention.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
Available to provide crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. TYY 1-800-846-8517 for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)| helps eligible low-income families with home heating costs. The program partially pays the cost of natural gas, electricity, propane, fuel oil, coal, wood, or other fuel sources. The program also covers Weatherization services (insulation, weather stripping around doors and windows, etc.), Furnace cleaning, repair, and replacement, Chimney cleaning and inspection, and Emergency assistance. https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/financialhelp/energyassist.html
Cleaning guidelines for reopening https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/reopen-guidance.html
- Disinfecting facility https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html
How to deal with Stress during COVID https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/mental-health-non-healthcare.html
Isolation and Quarantine https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine-isolation.html